TEN STRATEGIES for BETTER TIME MANAGEMENT
What is Time Management? Time management refers to a range of skills, tools, and techniques used to manage events in your life in relation to time.
Time management is really a misnomer. We don't really manage time-we manage ourselves and our life events in relation to time.
We will explore 10 strategies that can help you more effectively manage events in your life in relation to time. Finding strategies that work best for you depend on your personality, culture, circumstances and priorities but you must look critically at yourself and perhaps confront some difficult issues.
- Know how you spend your time (Becoming aware of how you use your time may improve your time management skills.)
- Setting priorties (The key to prioritization is determining the most important thing to do to reach your goals.)
- Not Urgent
- Not Important
- Using a planning tool( Using a planning tool can improve your productivity.)
- Example: calendar, notebook, electronic planner, A to do list, etc.
- Getting organized (Remove the clutter )
- Scheduling your time appropriately(When are you most productive and alert)
- Weekly Scheduler
- Getting help from others
- Not procrastinating ( Putting things off results in poor time management)
- Break task down into smaller segments.
- Managing external time waster
- Avoid multi-tasking
- Staying healthy(Schedule relaxation time into your day.)